May 23rd, 2013 | 26th MEU Afghanistan Africa Australia Camp Lejeune Camp Pendleton Deployment map Deployments Japan Status of forces map | Posted by Hope Hodge Seck
View Marine Corps Times: Marine Corps as of May 23 in a larger map
Take a look at what Marines are doing around the globe in our newly updated Status of Forces map! Highlights include:
- Marines in Darwin, Australia conducting squad-attack exercises at a place called “Kangaroo Flats”
- Some lucky Marines doing coalition exercises with French partners in kayaks in the Mediterranean
- Urban crisis contingency training with local counterparts at Mihail Kogalniceanu Military Base, Romania.
- About 160 reserve troops from Camp Lejeune’s R4OG (Retrograde and Redeployment in Support of Reset and Reconstitution Operations Group) deployed to Afghanistan this month, replacing an R4OG from Camp Pendleton.
- About 200 Marines with Special Purpose Marine Air Ground Task Force–Crisis Response, based at Moron Air Base, Spain, move to Naval Air Station Sigonella in Sicily due to growing unrest in the Libyan capital of Tripoli.
- About 350 Marines with Special Purpose Marine Air-Ground Task Force–Crisis Response train at Morón Air Base to support U.S. Africa Command.
Total status of forces:
- Active duty: 193,957
- Selected reserve: 39,589
- Reservists on active duty: 2,457
Check out our full status of forces map here. And if you don’t see your unit represented, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments are closed.