Tricare Help

Can 18-year-old sister get Tricare as dependent?

I have a sister-in-law who is 18 and is about to move to our duty station to live with us to attend college. Can my husband, who is active-duty military, claim her as a dependent if she is a full-time student?

No, I’m sorry, but a dependent sister-in-law cannot become eligible for Tricare. You can confirm that fact by calling the DEERS Support Office, toll-free, at 1-800-538-9552.

Tags: ,

Comments are closed.